Fifth Annual Build Your Way Around Town LEGO Event
MARCH 2-APRIL 9 IN ST. JOSEPH, MICH.
Join us for a month of family fun in St. Joseph, March 2 – April 9! Downtown sites will spark the imaginations of all ages with amazing displays, competitions, professional builds, drawings and games.
The event is sponsored by United Federal Credit Union and includes:
- March 2: Builders’ Bash will be held during Family Fun Night at the Silver Beach Carousel, 4 to 8:30 p.m. This will be the Grand Opening Event for the Carousel’s Amazing LEGO Display. See more than 100 brick creations plus free Carousel rides to builders who attend the party. All other rides are half price (only $1) and there also will be free hourly drawings.
- March 2-April 9: Amazing LEGO Display at the Silver Beach Carousel will showcase pre-built exhibits created by local kids ages 4-18 years. Builders will receive three tokens to ride the Carousel, a certificate of participation, and during Builder's Bash, will be able to ride the Carousel for free and receive free cotton candy! LEGO builds can be brought to the Carousel Thursday, Feb. 23: 4pm-8:30pm, Friday, Feb. 24: 11am-5pm, Saturday, Feb. 25: 11am-5pm, or Sunday, Feb. 26: Noon-5pm. LEGO builds can be picked up Thursday, April 13: 4pm-8:30pm, Friday, April 14: 11am-5pm, or Saturday, April 15: Noon-5pm. LEGOs will be donated Thursday, May 4, 2017 if they are not already picked up.
- March 3-5: Big City Build at the Shadowland Ballroom (located inside the Silver Beach Center) will feature the inspiring skills of professional builder Jason Spear and the Western Michigan LEGO Train Club. See the masterpiece and talk with the builders Friday and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sunday, noon to 5 p.m. Admission and parking are free.
- March 6-18: Build a LEGO Mosaic Mural at the Box Factory for the Arts. Using LEGO blocks, visitors will be able to create their own 6x6" LEGO brick mural to be included in an installation at the Box Factory for the Arts. Available at no cost during Box Factory for the Arts hours of operation.
- March 6-18: Bring your friends and family to the Box Factory for the Arts and challenge one another's building skills while playing the LEGO Creationary Board Game! Available at no costs during Box Factory for the Arts hours of operation.
- March 6-27: Build Your Way Around Town LEGO Prize Drawings will be held weekly at the St. Joseph Today Welcome Center. Children can turn in entry forms each time they visit any of the participating sites. LEGO prize packages, donated by United Federal Credit Union, will be awarded in random drawings held March 6, 13, 20 and 27. Winners do not need to be present.
- March 11: LEGO Bingo at Curious Kids’ Museum will give children, ages 2-10, a chance to play for prizes. Games will start every half hour starting at 1 p.m. and ending at 4 p.m. Enter the brown door on the museum’s south side for free admission to play.
- March 16: Come to the Box Factory from 5:30-7:30pm for Culinary Creations and create your own edible LEGO-inspired "snack art"! Participants in this hand's-on class at the Box Factory for the Arts will learn to make colorful and delicious LEGO-head Marshmallow pops and LEGO-block rice cereal treats. $20 per participant. Class size is limited and pre-registration is required.
- March 18: Skyscraper Building and Stop-Motion Workshops at the Krasl Art Center will entertain ages 5-12 from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Activities and parking are free, but pre-registration is required.
- March 23: The Heritage Museum & Cultural Center and the St. Joseph Public Library are sponsoring a new event this year– LEGO Carnivale! This free event from 6 to 8pm at the Heritage will feature carnival games, snacks, door prizes, build stations and LEGO family fun!