Refreshment Stand Employee
This position is responsible for greeting customers at the Refreshment Stand and performing tasks related to making popcorn and selling of other food items. Reliability and punctuality are a must.
This position also serves as an information source for visitors and volunteers. Excellent interpersonal communication skills and a broad knowledge of the City of St. Joseph and surrounding communities is desirable.
Position Reports to:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opening and closing of Refreshment Stand, performing such tasks as opening the
- Point of Sales terminal if working the first shift and closing it at the end of the
- Keep the items for sale well stocked
- Compute sales on the Point of Sales terminal
- Have a working knowledge of preparing and operations of popcorn, SLUSH PUPPiE and cotton candy product and equipment
- Greet customers with eye contact, a smile and a verbal greeting. Assist customers in purchasing snack and beverages
- Keep refreshment stand clean and organized
- Assist Refreshment Stand Manager with inventory as needed
- Report in writing or email the supplies needed to be purchased or made such as caramel corn to the appropriate person
- Have a working knowledge of products offered for sale as well as an awareness of unique events in the Carousel
- Attend meetings as scheduled
- Maintain a professional physical appearance
- Maintains confidentiality and follows a code of ethics
- Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures pertaining to the Silver Beach Carousel and the Refreshment Stand.
- Refrain from use of personal electronic devices or reading material while there are guests present in the Carousel House
- Close the Refreshment Stand according to the check off list at the end of the last shift
- Answer phone calls with appropriate salutation
- Must be at least 17 years old
- Able to spend extended periods of time standing
- Be articulate, outgoing, and present a professional, pleasant and courteous
appearance at all times.
- Able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, weeknights, weekends and
- Must enjoy and be able to work with people of all ages
- Ability to multitask
- Have effective communication and customer service skills
- Must be able to function effectively when the noise level of the work
environment is moderate to loud including the music of the Silver Beach
Carousel band organ.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time as well as lifting heavy boxes,
climb ladders, move equipment and merchandise
- Must be able to speak the English language fluently
- Must have good hearing ability to listen to customers
- Must have manual dexterity to operate the Point of Sales terminal and handle
- Must be able to read and follow written instructions
Type of Employment:
Part time – 15-35 hours per week dependent on the season