8th Annual Build Your Way Around Town LEGO Event
February 27-APRIL 11 IN ST. JOSEPH, MICH.
Are you crazy about LEGOS? We are too! So, from February 27 to April 11, 2020, we will showcase LEGO builds at the Silver Beach Carousel, created by LEGO builders, ages 4-18. It's part of a citywide festival of LEGO fun. All events are free and open to the public. For a complete listing of Build Your Way Around Town activities, visit www.buildyourwayaroundtown.com.
How to participate in the Amazing LEGO display
- Build a LEGO model. Construct one of your LEGO or Technic kits, or use your imagination to transform your bricks into your own design – the North Pier lighthouse, a fire truck, dinosaur, robot or whatever you want. This is not a judged competition – everyone’s a winner! Please do not submit a build that you have displayed at the Amazing LEGO Display in the last 5 years.
- Fill out the online submission form and upload a photo of your favorite LEGO build. Due to space limitations, only one LEGO build will be accepted per builder. Please make only one submission. If two or more builders submit a joint project, no other single builds will be accepted from those builders. All applications MUST include a telephone number and email address to be accepted.
- Bring your LEGO build to the Silver Beach Carousel on one of the designated drop off dates (see dates below). To thank you for loaning us your LEGO build we will:
- Showcase your one, favorite LEGO build at the Silver Beach Carousel from February 27 to April 11, 2020. There will be a display card with your name next to your LEGO build.
- Give you three tokens that you may use any time to ride the Carousel.
- Give you a Certificate of Participation.
- Throw a BUILDERS’ BASH on Thursday, Family Fun Night, February 27, 2020 from 4-8:30 pm. You can invite your friends and family to see your LEGO build and meet other builders. All builders receive unlimited FREE RIDES on the carousel that night, a coupon for free cotton candy and receive swag bags filled with surprise goodies. So, put on your imagination cap and start stacking those bricks. We can’t wait to see what you create! Please do not bring builds to this night. The display will already be positioned and there will be no more room for additional LEGO builds. Non-builder guests may enjoy the Family Fun Night special pricing of $1 carousel rides.
- LEGO builds must be picked up at the end of the display period during open hours on the designed pickup dates listed below. LEGO builds not picked up by Sunday, April 19, will be removed from display. If you are unable to pick up your build by this date please call the Silver Beach Carousel office at 269-932-1141 to arrange a pick-up time. Builds not claimed by Thursday, April 30 will be donated.
- The Silver Beach Carousel will use reasonable care to preserve the LEGO builds during the display period. Neither the Silver Beach Carousel nor the Silver Beach Center will be held liable for loss or damage to LEGO builds.
- Deadline for submission is February 13, 2020.
- Drop-off dates to the Carousel:
- Thursday, February 20: 4:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
- Friday, February 21 & Saturday, February 22: 11 a.m.-5p.m.
- Sunday, February 23: Noon-5:00 p.m. No additional builds will be accepted after 5 p.m. on this date without prior arrangement by calling the Silver Beach Carousel office at 269-932-1141.
- Builders’ Bash, Thursday, February 27, 2020 from 4-8:30 p.m.
- Pickup dates for LEGO builds:
- Thursday, April 16, 4-8:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday, April 17 and 18, 11 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 19, Noon-5:00 p.m.
- LEGOS will be donated after Thursday, April 30.