Builders' Bash LEGO® Event
March 1-April 14 in St. Joseph, Michigan
Are you crazy about LEGOS®? We are too! So, from March 1st to April 14, 2023, we will showcase LEGO® builds at the Silver Beach Carousel, created by LEGO® builders, ages 5-18.
How to participate in the Amazing LEGO® display
- Build a LEGO® model. Construct one of your LEGO® or TechnicTM kits, or use your imagination to transform your bricks into your own design – the North Pier lighthouse, a fire truck, dinosaur, robot or whatever you want. This is not a judged competition – everyone’s a winner! Please do not submit a build that you have displayed at the Amazing LEGO® Display in the last 5 years.
- Fill out the online submission form and upload a photo of your favorite LEGO® build. Due to space limitations, only one LEGO® build will be accepted per builder. Please make only one submission. If two or more builders submit a joint project, no other single builds will be accepted from those builders. All applications MUST include a telephone number and email address to be accepted.
- The submission form will close either when 150 entries are received or on Feb. 24, whichever comes first.
- Bring your LEGO® build to the Silver Beach Carousel on one of the designated drop off dates (see dates below).
To thank you for loaning us your LEGO® build we will:
- Showcase your LEGO® build at the Silver Beach Carousel from March 1st to April 14, 2023. There will be a display card with your name next to your LEGO® build.
- Give you a Certificate of Participation.
- Throw a BUILDERS’ BASH on March 1, 2023 from 4-8 pm. You can invite your friends and family to see your LEGO® build and meet other builders, and walk the red carpet which will have cardboard LEGO® standees. All builders receive unlimited FREE RIDES on the Carousel that night.
- Give you a swag bag with the following: tokens, LEGO® pencil/sharpener, LEGO® highlighter, 2 Tootsie Pop suckers, LEGO® squishy "stress" block and coupon for a FREE refreshment item.
So, put on your imagination cap and start stacking those bricks. We can’t wait to see what you create! Please do not bring builds on Builders' Bash night. The display will already be positioned and there will be no more room for additional LEGO® builds. Non-builder guests can still enjoy the carousel at the normal cost of tokens.
LEGO® builds must be picked up at the end of the display period during open hours on the designated pickup dates listed below. LEGO® builds not picked up by Sunday, April 16, will be removed from display. If you are unable to pick up your build by this date, please call the Silver Beach Carousel office at 269-932-1141 to arrange a pickup time. Builds not claimed by Monday, May 1, will be donated to a local school.
The Silver Beach Carousel will use reasonable care to preserve the LEGO® builds during the display period. Neither the Silver Beach Carousel nor the Silver Beach Center will be held liable for loss or damage to LEGO® builds.
Once you build your own creation, come watch professionals at work at the Big City Build on March 4-5, 2023. This event will be in Shadowland Ballroom, 333 Broad Street. The Western Michigan LEGO® Users Group will build a magnificent masterpiece before your eyes! Visitors can ask club members for LEGO® construction tips as well as make their own LEGO® creations from a large supply of colorful bricks.
- The deadline for submission is Feb. 24, 2023, unless 150 submissions are received before then
- Drop-off dates to the Carousel are Feb. 18-19, and Feb. 25-26, from noon-5 p.m.
- No additional builds will be accepted after 5 p.m. on Feb. 26 without prior arrangement by calling the Silver Beach Carousel office at 269-932-1141.
- Builders’ Bash, Wednesday, March 1, 2023 from 4-8 p.m.
- Big City Build on Saturday, March 4, from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Sunday, March 5, from noon-5 p.m.
- Pickup dates for LEGO® builds: April 15-16, from noon-5 p.m.
- LEGOS® will be donated after Monday, May 1.